cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA Re-run Wizard Question

s-butler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am sure the answer is probably No, but does anyone know if it is possible to rerun the IPMA Wizard within CUCM7?

I am happy to configure manually, but if this is possible it would be good to know.

Many thanks

Steve

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

My advice would be not to run it in the first place.

It's best to read the manual, understand how it works, and configure it properly to suit your setup of CSSs/partitions etc.... after all, you will need to understand it when it stops working!

In my experience the output from the Wizard is too generic to be used without modifying a lot on most installs anyway.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

Done an upgrade from ccm 4.1 to 6.1,the end user password will be changed(to a default) after the upgrade.Was able to login to the IPMA console after the upgrade.

Then the user(IPMA user) changed his 'end user' password manually,after that he cannot login to the console.

I restarted the service from Service Parmeters.

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

As Aaron suggested, its better not run it..but if you want to dit, it can only be done once.

Re-running the IPMA Wizard was never possible for IPMA in any release. It can only be done by manipulating a specific DB entry (which is still possible in Appliance/Linux releases), which we never

recommend(ed) for Customer's setup because it is risky on their part and

may result in some undesired side-effect. That's the reason, we clearly

highlight this fact in Admin guide of the product that the wizard can

only be run once.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: