Views
Helpful
Replies

SCE recieve only mode with switch

gmichel08
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to test an SCE 4xGBe in the recieve only mode. I am not going to use an optical splitter to connect my device i will use a switch with gbe connections and the span function to redirect traffic to the gbe of the sce.

could any one explain the general procedure to do that.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasmina27s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You need two SPAN destination ports on the switch. One port is connected to the SUB port of SCE, and another is connected to the NET port of SCE (You need SCE to receive SPAN-ed traffic in appropriate direction).

You need two SPAN sessions.

You need to select one port on the switch where a group of Subscribers is connected and use it as the source port of SPAN sessions (both access or trunk port can be monitored).

Configuration will look something like following:

monitor session 1 source interface rx

monitor session 1 destination interface encapsulation replicate

monitor session 2 source interface tx

monitor session 2 destination interface encapsulation replicate

If you use trunk source port, you may need "encapsulation replicate" part in the above command.

I hope this helps :)

Best regards,

Jasmina

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Any particular reason this is in the wireless forum?

jasmina27s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You need two SPAN destination ports on the switch. One port is connected to the SUB port of SCE, and another is connected to the NET port of SCE (You need SCE to receive SPAN-ed traffic in appropriate direction).

You need two SPAN sessions.

You need to select one port on the switch where a group of Subscribers is connected and use it as the source port of SPAN sessions (both access or trunk port can be monitored).

Configuration will look something like following:

monitor session 1 source interface rx

monitor session 1 destination interface encapsulation replicate

monitor session 2 source interface tx

monitor session 2 destination interface encapsulation replicate

If you use trunk source port, you may need "encapsulation replicate" part in the above command.

I hope this helps :)

Best regards,

Jasmina

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card