Views
Helpful
Replies

Netscout

suthomas1
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

Anybody has experience on using netscout...i have got stuck with some of its features!

Thanks

3 Replies 3

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

The nGenius Real-Time Monitor system collects detailed data about network application

flows and related traffic within the nGenius Server. Together with NetScout Systems'

hardware-based probes, this comprehensive web-based data analysis tool provides the

depth and insight you need to quickly solve problems in the most complex networked.

gothlzcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I was also starting to do some research on NetScout capabilities- but I don't see how the above reply to the initial post is helpful in any sense.

I'd also like to find out what people are primarily using it for these days and in what kind of environments.

CSCO12207230
Level 1
Level 1

NetScout has many capabilities, may I ask what particular feature are you having issues with? Setup or monitoring a network or application?  Network monitoring, link utilization, flow reporting, application reporting?  There are many features the system has and advanced features include monitoring SIP and mobile devices too, depending on the licensing along with the integration of Arbour networks you also could have a very powerful IDS system but again it all depends on your licensing and current release of the NetScout system.  I use netscout to troubleshoot issues where they say its the network but I actually show evidence that its the application where you can deep dive into packet data and see that a server is timing out on a request which led them to investigate the resources on the server which were inadequate for the amount or processing needed to search a database.  I have also shown where a firewall accepts packets but drops many more due to certain ports not defined.  I have also shown where a number of CA-root certificates were due to expire which inturn caused the Sys admins to start the process to re-new the existing certs so there was no break in service shutting down several web servers.  I have also assisted with DNS issues where a company had wpad turned on by default causing excessive delays in obtaining an ip address from the DHCP server.  This also exposed their scavenging setup to be ineffective in maintaining their DSN cache.  The list goes on, and the NetScout suite of tools have vastly improved over the last five years where they are competitive with the likes of CA and Riverbed.  www.netscout.com go take a look at what they have to offer, and I don't work for NetScout, I just engage with their software on a daily basis to save time on troubleshooting Network or Application issues including security too.