Views
Helpful
Replies

IP communicator over ASA VPN 5.0

robbie.teo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using ip communicator 7.0, ASA 8.0 and VPN 5.0.

After established vpn connection i'm able to make calls out and the other party can hear me loud and clear.

But I can't able to hear them, may I know what needs to be done? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

If you experience one way audio while you make calls through Cisco IP Communicator, you need to check the connectivity between the IP Communicator and the gateway. If you cannot ping the gateway from the system on which IP communicator is installed, it can be due to some configuration issue, for example, Routing, Access-list and so forth, or due to some firewall configuration. If there is a firewall between IP Communicator and the gateway, make sure that the ports are opened in the firewall. Install and Configure IP Communicator with CallManager:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/products_tech_note09186a008026d36f.shtml

Hi,

I got no issues with making calls thru IP communicator. but connected using vpn then there's only one way audio.

Do you have any clues? Thanks

did you ever find a solution for this problem?

Hey,

I have the same issue, but in my case, when I use IP Communicator, then I get no issue over VPN, but when I dial outside from my personal communicator over vpn then I get one way voice, the remote party can hear me, but I can't hear them properly! I am using ASA 5520 and cisco VPN client software!

It seems to me that this could be the issue with SIP protocol over VPN, cos personal communicator uses SIP and presence server, and IP communicator uses SCCP, but still I am looking where the issue is! I am working on that,and when I find the issue, I will paste it over here! In the mean time, if you get any solution, then please paste over here.

Thanks

maybe its a NAT issue, what about changing the subnet on the remote router that that VPN is running through?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: