Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Config Archive Polling

Hi,

I have rme 4.1.1 on solaris 10 running.

I set up config collection setting for periodic polling on a daly and for perodic colletion on a weekly basis. Perodic collection jobs fine without any errors. Perodic polling jobs failed every day. ArchivePoller shows 163 device success and 3 failed. Error is always the

same. See attachment. Strange is, in most jobs are every day different devices.

Appreciate every hint.

HR

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error points to a problem fetching the vlan.dat from this switch. In order for RME to fetch vlan.dat, it must be able to login to the device using either telnet or SSH, and TFTP the vlan.dat file back to the RME server. The error indicates that the enable credential in DCR is incorrect for this device. Verify the DCR credentials are correct. If you are using telnet, get a sniffer trace of all telnet traffic to this device when archive polling is running. That should illustrate the problem more clearly.

Thanks Joe

I will trace next week at the customer site.

HR

Hi

At the end I opened a case. The solution is, or should I say the workaround, increase the exec-timeout from vty lines to

infinitely. Means exec-timeout 0 0.

Thanks again for your help.

HR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: