Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS - GRE traffic thru WAE doesn't pass

v.kirillov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I noticed weird behaviour of WAAS (4.1.1c) - GRE traffic cannot pass thru WAE. I have GRE tunnels which show status up/down while redirected to WAE. as soon as I change the GRE path so that they don't pass thru WAE, they immediately change status to up/up.

Does anybody see the same?

6 Replies 6

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vladmir,

Are you using inline?

Dan

Dan,

No, WCCP redirection without ACLs.

Platform Cat3750, IOS 12.2.46SE, L2-redirect, IP forwarding as return (L2-return doesn't work for some reasons:

WARNING: WCCP has negotiated WCCP L2 as the return method which is not supported as an egress method in this release. This device uses IP forwarding as the egress method where WCCP negotiated return has been configured.

GRE tunnels should not be intercepted via WCCP 61,62, they only intercept TCP traffic. GRE isn't TCP so itshould not be effected.

Where do the tunnels orininate and terminate? It's not on the 3750 is it?

Dan

I know, that's why I was surprised as well.

The GRE tunnels are originated on the routers behind the WCCP-redirection points, something like this

GRE--WCCP--WAN--GRE

In second case GRE-endpoint is connected to the interface without WCCP redirection, so only 1 side of the GRE tunnel going thru WCCP-enabled interface.

Do the tunnels originate on the same devices as you are running wccp? Please let me know what platform and IOS code?

Thanks,

Dan

Nope, in both cases it's separated boxes for GRE (7206 routers).

WCCP is running on Cat3750 with 12.2.46SE and on Cat6506 with 12.2(18)SXF15.

The problem is on Cat3750 - since the other side of GRE isn't going thru WCCP-enabled interfaces of Cat6506.