cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mail Boxes won't purge Unity 4.X

tom
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, this is my configuration at one of my locations.

CM 4.2 Win 2000

Unity 4.0(5.0) on Win 2000

When a user terminates employment I usually delete the DN, the phone, and the Unity account. When the Unity account is deleted Unity suppose to delete the Exchange Mail Box too. Right?

Depending on the Exchange Mail Box store settings of course.

Please see the Exchange Mail Box store settings in my picture. My Exchange Mail Boxes never deletes even after 30 days. I never get the Exchange red X indicating the Mail Box is marked for deletion.

I have no limits setup in Exchange or Unity Tools MSM other than the “keep deleted mailboxes for 30 days” noted in the picture.

I think I know the reason for this scenario. I have no Exchange back up with any Exchange Agent of any kind. I simply do the canned Unity backup that backs up .wav and the SQL db. Finally my transactions logs never delete either.

Am I on the right track here at all?

Thanks Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can also delete the subscriber and the Mailbox at the same time by going to:

Cisco Unity Tools Depot --> Bulk Subscriber Delete, under Subscriber Deletion Type, selecte the second radio button and then "Next". In the next page select the Suscriber Extension Number then "Next" and finish it by pressing "Delete Subscriber".

MK

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tom,

You will need to delete the subscriber using Unity admin and then delete the mailbox using Exchange admin. Unity does not delete the Exchange mailbox.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

You can also delete the subscriber and the Mailbox at the same time by going to:

Cisco Unity Tools Depot --> Bulk Subscriber Delete, under Subscriber Deletion Type, selecte the second radio button and then "Next". In the next page select the Suscriber Extension Number then "Next" and finish it by pressing "Delete Subscriber".

MK

Great idea...I had not thought of using Bulk Subscriber Delete in that way. Thanks Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: