cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME "Other telnet session active. Write delayed."

voipis4me
Level 1
Level 1

I get this message when trying to save my config from the CME GUI. I checked for any open Telnet sessions from the CLI by using the "show sessions" command but there was nothing. Opening a new browser doesn't help either. Am I missing something simple here?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think you're referring to the CUE GUI.

It's just a bug, log in via CLI and do write mem. After that you should be OK.

How do I fix the bug? They are running CUE 3.2.

My customer in question is not comfortable with the CLI, so this is not a solution.

They are trying to save the CME config through the CUE GUI.

A reload of the 2811 resolved this issue but I was hoping to have a solution that did not require a reboot.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If this is indeed a bug, can you point me to the exact Bug ID?

Thanks.

Sorry, I don't have a bug id.

It happened to me with a CUE 3.2.4, accessed CLI as above, has not happened since.

Do not reboot the router without shutting dow CUE first, as this may cause problems. In fact, you never reboot router to solve CUE problems.

"Do not reboot the router without shutting dow CUE first, as this may cause problems. In fact, you never reboot router to solve CUE problems."

Please know your audience before you offer newbie advice.

Thanks.

Jack M. - CCVP

Please know your audience before you offer newbie advice.

Please introduce yourself first and never assume that others know what you may or may not know.

Also it is polite not to quibble about advice given friendly.

Beside that, good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: