Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS configuration

soumik1979
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

Today I have connected a branch office with our main office with 1841 router and 2 mbps leased line.Everything is fine.We can access our intranet from remote office.Now I want that the remote office users will connect to main office domain controller .So for that any configuration or aceess has to be given in the branch office or main office router.Please let me know regarding the same...

3 Replies 3

mark.cronin
Level 2
Level 2

I think You should use the "IP Helper" address on the client vlan so that your clients in the remote office obtain there IP addressing via DHCP.

When you configure your Windows DHCP Server you can add details like DNS address, WINS address etc.

Your client should then be able to resolve the domain controller

www.routergod.com/trinity/

We dont have VLAN .We are having one point to point leased line only...

So have you have extended your layer 2 network across a WAN cct?

You need to start thinking about how you are going to scale this network. What is going to happen if you open another branch?

Back to the domain controller, can you resolve the address of the domain controller?

How do the remote office PC's get their IP addresses?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco