Alert notification for down light weight access point?

Answered Question
Mar 13th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello! Is there a way to get a notification when a lightweight access point goes down? I recently introduced WiSM in my wireless LAN and keeping track of the access point status is a challenge.

Thanks in advance!

Correct Answer by dennischolmes about 8 years 4 months ago

Yes, buy WCS and configure alerts. This will forward them to email, etc.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
dennischolmes Fri, 03/13/2009 - 09:46
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Yes, buy WCS and configure alerts. This will forward them to email, etc.

qlgendrano Fri, 03/13/2009 - 11:07
User Badges:

Good to know, I have that and just didn't see a need to install it yet since I have only two controllers. I thought still manageable. Anyway, if it will give me the notification then I will put in production ASAP.

Thank you so much for all the reponses. :)

Leo Laohoo Sun, 03/15/2009 - 18:37
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

You can also configure SNMP into the WLC and hook this up to your NMS.

sarahjenkins001... Tue, 12/13/2016 - 00:05
User Badges:

There are some interesting downlight solutions in the market in terms of 120 lumen/W or even higher, allied at interesting throw ability and light projection for high power LED downlights (15W to 100W). It seems their 1000 watt led light is reliable. We can see there are many 1000 watt led repalcement selecting this company - LedsUniverse

One such company that recently seems to be on the rise in this high power market is LedsUniverse, at least popping up on Google searches related to high power.

Anybody heard anything about this company or tried their products? They might be worth checking out if what they state is true. www.ledsuniverse.com

Attachment: 

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode