Helpful
Replies

maximum sessions <0-0>

Fasalullatp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 2811 router and pvdm2 with 16

channels.In it there is a 2 port fxo card also.When am trying to configure this dsp resourse as a conference bridge ,am getting maximum sessions in dspfarm profile as "0" only.I gave no shut for fxo ports then also am getting this issue.If am configuring this for transcoder am getting 1-7 sessions.I am using cme 7.0 as call agent.Thanks in advance..

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately there is nothing wrong with that

HW CFB demands the WHOLE DSP meaning 16 channels.

so the only options are what you have found, do not use FXOs and configure HW CFB, or use FXOs and do not have HW CFB.

those are the only 2 options, if you need both that means you need to add at least another DSP to the router

you can use the same DSP for voice termination or XCODING (because they're the same function)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks a lot for the reply and informations.I removed fxo card and tried.Now it is working fine..Thanks

Hi,

This is the scenario you're running into:

-A DSP is comprised of 16 channels

-The PVDM2-16 has one DSP

-When a router is booted up, any FXO/FXS (non-T1) cards are automatically assigned channels on the DSP

-Any conferencing requires use of the full DSP of 16 channels

In short - if you were to remove the FXO card from the router you should be able to configure conferencing. Shutting them down does not cause them to release their DSP resources.

If you need both the FXO ports and conferencing, you would need more DSPs. A cisco.com search for 'DSP calculator' may be beneficial for you to understand some of the details.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: