cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 7.0.2 LDAP problems with AD2003

jsteinberg
Level 5
Level 5

Just upgraded my laptop from CUPC 7.0.1 to 7.0.2(13496) and it seems to have broken the LDAP search function within the CUPC GUI.

I've attached the pktcapture of the LDAP traffic between CUPC and AD.

If i uninstall CUPC 7.0.2 and reinstall CUPC 7.0.1 the LDAP works again.

thoughts? is this a bug or am I missing something new I need to configure?

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What port are you using to LDAP into AD? 389 or are using a GC with the 3268? Trying changing the LDAP profile on CUPS to point to the GC on port 3268, close, exit CUPC and then relaunch. See if it changes the behavior.

I was on tcp389 and switched it to tcp3268 on the cupc profile. I verified on the wire that CUPC was going to tcp3268 and I get the same message, 'problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR)'.

Ok, this is weird, just tested my laptop on our production network and the same CUPC 7.0.2 client can login to the production CUPS and search LDAP successfully so I must have something unique in the lab although can't think of what it would be.

In any case, I'll give a look at this in more detail next week as time permits.

Ok, compared the working and non working traces. CUPC 7.0(2.13496) can't handle hypens in the ldap profile.

now if only I could give myself a checkmark. :)

Good job finding it though! I think also, click to call with a hyphen or dash has an issue.. i cant recall though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: