cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FC Alias disappeared

deadpol99
Level 1
Level 1

All of my FC Alias' have seemed to disappear through no configuration change of my own. We have 4 MDS9509s and 12 MDS9124s. Any ideas of where to start looking for them? I really do not want to have to add them all back in.

4 Replies 4

Michael Brown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would look in the start up config 'show start' on the command line, in all the MDS. Perhaps someone initiated a zone change from an MDS that did not have the VSAN configured for 'distrubute full zoneset'.

If you want to manage zones from any switch, then you should configure each switch for distribute full zoneset (for each VSAN). This way no matter which switch you are on, the full zoneset will be there.

The other option is to only manage zones from 1 or 2 switches, and have them set to distribute the full zoneset.

If you are using FM, it will by default, pick the principle switch in a fabric as the switch to manage zones from. If the principle switch changed since the last zone operation, FM may be using a different switch.

In the FM zone manage window, you can use the pulldown at the top to select which switch you use to manage the zones for that VSAN. Again, by default, it will be the principle.

Hope this helps,

Mike

inch
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Did you make all your changes on the principal switch? :-)

Yes, all changes are made on the principal switch. But I still can not find the fc-database on that switch or any other for that matter.

Can you confirm you check via 'show start' on the command line?

Also, how are the MDS configured for zoneset distribution for the VSAN in question? For active only or full zoneset?

- Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: