Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Enable Radio on 1242 LWAPP

ashok_wipro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I connected new 1242 LWAPP to switch, it has been associated to WLC. But Radio interfaces are DOWN, am not able to ENABLE it.

I console it and found Radios are showing ADMIN DOWN. Thru console am not able to go Global mode. Its not accepting "conf t" to do no shut of Radios.

So, please let me know how to make Radios ENABLE ?

Can we make thru CONSOLE ? Webinterface ? WLC ? WCS?

Thansk & Regards,

S.ASHOK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Check the switch that you are using and disable CDP on the port the AP is attached to. There is a PoE polling mismatch that effects APs 802.3af PoE requirements. You can also go into the WLC>wireless> and open the AP and go to the advanced tab to change the PoE state settings. With adequate power the radios should come back online.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Check the switch that you are using and disable CDP on the port the AP is attached to. There is a PoE polling mismatch that effects APs 802.3af PoE requirements. You can also go into the WLC>wireless> and open the AP and go to the advanced tab to change the PoE state settings. With adequate power the radios should come back online.

Hi,

Excellent!!!... it worked and i fixed the probelm.

Am very thankfull to you..

Have a nice day !

Thanks & Regards,

S.ASHOK

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So the 1242 has joined to the WLC, right? If so, can you do the following:

Go to Monitor and down to Access Point Summary, under All APs, click on the Detail link, choose the AP you need and under Status, choose Enable from the drop-down menu.

Does this help?

You can also try CLI:

config 802.11a enable network

or

config 802.11a enable

You need to do the same with the other radios, 802.11b.

Hope this helps you too.

Hi,

Sorry it did not helped. Anyway thanks for your support.

Thanks & Regards,

S.ASHOK

Hi,

Sorry, this did not help. It is saying "Error in enabling .."

Anyway thanks for your help...

Regards,

ASHOK

Hi,

Sorry it did not helped. Am getting the message "Error in Enabling Admin".

Anyway thanks for your support.

Thanks & Regards,

S.ASHOK

Where are you doing the CLI commands?

Hi,

Am no where using CLI here and i think no need. CDP should be Disable on switchport and after changeing Channels & Power automatically RADIOs came up.

Thanks & Regards,

S.ASHOK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: