cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

It's not necessary to dial a 1 or 0 local calls error.

gonzalezel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a department who when they try to dial a local number they get an error that they need to use a 1 or 0 to dial the call. If they go back and try to dial # using a 1 or 0 they get a message that it is not necessary to dial a 1 or 0 to make the call. Has anyone seen this before?

4 Replies 4

Are you using CCM or CCM Express? My guess is that your route patterns are setup incorrectly. If possible, I would suggest watching the ISDN Q931 debug on the router (if you are using PRI) to see what number is actually going out to the PSTN.

We are using UCM 6.1. How would I do the debug on the router? I actually don't have access to the router as our WAN group does all the setup. What command do I need to tell them to use?

If they telnet/SSH into the device, they will need to use 'term mon' to see the debug messages. Then they should use 'debug isdn q931' to see the ISDN PSTN setup messages. The output is very easy to read and show exactly what digits are being presented to the PSTN (or presented from the PSTN in the case of inbound calls). I use this debug all the time.

I had an issue a couple of months ago where the LEC was forwarding a local LD number to the wrong carrier we didn't have an account with. It was only one lady that would have the problem and it would only happen some of the time because the LEC had one PRI configured correct. Because of where her house was located she was still in the same area code it was just LD from our building. Are you in a state using 10 or 7 digit dialing?

I would start with the route pattens as stated above

DONOVAN RAAUM
SENIOR UNIFIED COMM ENGINEER
O 763-971-2433
E Draaum@convergeone.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: