Views
Helpful
Replies

Redandency for CCM

cisco.madhab
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have two CCM Server(7835). And I assigned one server as Primary and another one is Secondary for Redundancy. But when Primary is goes down, Secondary is not working.

Please help me,

Thanks & Regards

Madhab

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

make sure CCM service is running, if using hostnames check DNS resolution works fine, otherwise use IPs for CUCM group

change TFTP parameter build files to build all, restart service, then reset phone, try again

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear javalenc

I changed the TPTP parameter as your sugestion .

But Not yet working.

Thanks and Regards

madhab

Hi,

Please advise what version do you have

If 6.x

Check to have your node license, 2-nodes per cluster which will allow your subscriber to be active when the pub come down

If you don't have this node license,so you have now 2-publisher,so 2-clusters,so no redundancy

If 4.x

Check to have your ccm servers into one group,assign this group to a device pool, assign this DP to your phone and check again,confirm all needed services running in both nodes.

wish this be helpful

Dear hythamhadad,

I am using CCM5.1 version. and I have node license and configured both server in a group.

then also its not working.

Plz help me.

Regards

Madhab

Hi,

have you created call manager group(not the default one)?if yes did you added that secondary CCM server in that?.

what device pool you are using?in that device pool the correct call manager group select ?

check the network configuration on the phone option 21 & 22 call manager 1 (active ) call manager 2 (standby).

what are the services you are running on primary & secondary ?

hi i have the same problem.. same CCM version.

I am using hostname for the CallManager.

I checked the IP Phone Network Configuration,

CallManager 1: hostname of Publisher

CallManager 2: hostname of Subscriber

CallManager 3 TFTP: IP Address of Publisher

Assigned the CCM Group which contains the 2 CCM to a device pool which the IP PHone is using.

The IP Phone registers to CallManager 3 (IP address of the Publisher) and when Publisher is down it doesn't register to Subscriber. Also checked the DNS and it is working fine. DNS can resolve the hostname.

please help. Thank you in advance.

Len

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: