cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750E 3750 stack upgrade

cef2lion2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a mixed stack consisting of one 3750E switch with a number of 3750 switches. There is a separate download from the 3750E and 3750. I normally use Cisco's CNA product to upgrade our switch stacks. What software image does one use in a mixed stack or do you need to upgrade the 3750E by itself?

Craig

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Craig,

On a mixed hardware stack, you need to make sure all stack members are running the same IOS version.

When you upgrade the IOS in a stack, it's copied to the current stack master and I recommend using the archive download-sw command.

For instance, if you want to upgrade the software in your mixed stack to 12.2.(35)SE2, this is the syntax to follow:

archive download-sw /directory tftp://10.1.1.10/ c3750-ipservices-tar.122-35.SE2.tar c3750e-universal-tar.122-35.SE2.tar.

You are copying from tftp 10.1.1.10 images that will be useful to the 3750 and 3750-E switches.

Once you have the files on the stack master, you can distribute these files by using the archive copy-sw command or the auto-upgrade option can be implemented as well, please refer to the documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1171754

HTH,

__

Edison.

I found an answer to my question about upgrading a mixed stack using the CNA management tool. When you open the software upgrade window. The stack is shown as mixed. When you click on upgrade settings it displays two boxes that allow you to point to the 3750 and 3750-E upgrade tar files. So CNA is mixed stack aware for upgrades.

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card