maximum number of hunt groups

Unanswered Question
Mar 14th, 2009
User Badges:

Is there a max number of hunt groups that can be configured or is there a limitation to the field length in the spa9000 configuration?  I seem to have bumped into a max number somewhere between 10-12 based on how many characters are used in the configuration line on the spa9000.  Just wondering if there is a max, or if it is a field limitation in the webUI if there is a workaround that would enable me to create additional beyond the field length allowed in the webUI. Thanks.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Mon, 03/16/2009 - 03:53
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

The maximum number of hunt groups is defined by the lenght of this field, 511 characters.

If you are using a hunt group only for External incoming calls, you can benefit of declaring the hunt group in the contact list (that is possible if the call is directly forwarded to a hunt group, not an aa).

Regards;
Alberto

donwbpa3donwbpa3 Mon, 03/16/2009 - 20:47
User Badges:

Thanks for the reply.  Is it possible to load a configuration for hunt groups without that character limitation in the UI, or is that also the internal field limitation?

Hunt groups are a common workaround for doing a transfer directly to VM out of the AA.  Is there an alternate method where an AA selection could transfer a user into a specific VM box to leave a message, is there a feature in the roadmap for doing such a transfer without using the hunt group method, or is there another possible way to drop a caller into a prompt out of the AA to enter a mailbox number to leave a message for that mailbox with the spa400?

donwbpa3donwbpa3 Sun, 03/22/2009 - 20:49
User Badges:

Thanks for the feedback.  I did attempt this, however, your suggestion did not suggest appending a specific port to the SPA400 IP address in the destination.  When sending to a mailbox@[spa400 address], the spa400 attempts to dial (using the default sip ports I'm assuming).  When the VM system ports are specified at the end of the mailbox@[spa400 address]:xxxx for example, the call does not work.  A call to 900@[spa400address] is immediately hung up on (I believe because it sees no reference mailbox).  I am very interested in being able to drop users to a prompt to enter a mailbox for which to leave a message or to drop people into a specific mailbox without using hunt group slots (since there are limited characters available for hunt groups which limit the number of hunt groups available).  Am I doing something wrong, or is the suggestion you provided something you can attempt in your lab environment to validate if the system is working as expected?  

Alberto Montilla Mon, 03/23/2009 - 09:02
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

I see. Let me check tomorrow on the lab...I'll let you know

Regards
Alberto

Alberto Montilla Mon, 04/06/2009 - 09:07
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Dear Sir;

I'm debugging because it is not working for me either. Will take me another day at least. Apologies for the delay.

Regards
Alberto

Alberto Montilla Mon, 04/20/2009 - 07:41
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Dear Sir;

I'm escalating this issue to a higher level on the support structure as I have not been able to solve it. The suggestions I recommended does not work as expected (i.e. you can check voicemail, but you cannot leave). Please send me an email to amontill at cisco.com so that I can move the conversation on a different team. I'll publish the final answer once we have a resolution.

Regards and sorry for the inconvenience, it seems I overlooked this issue.

Alberto

Alberto Montilla Mon, 04/27/2009 - 09:52
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Dear Sir;

After some work, please find attached the configuration required in order to have an entry in the SPA9000 Autoattendant that allows leaving voicemail. It uses compact hunt groups, so there is enough space in the parameter to configure all hunt groups.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-6445

Please let me know if you have any additional question and thanks for your patience.

Regards;
Alberto

Actions

This Discussion