Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward Unregistered

study_voip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guru

with CFUR feature, it works fine with SRST.

however, in normal operation, let us say the IP phone disconnected from the IP network, so the loop would happen.

change the service parameter to some number can avoid loop, my question is, is there anyway we forward the call again to voicemail after 2 times loop?

thanks

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sorry, no mechanism for such thing. the only behavior that depends on another forward is when the target is a hunt pilot and then you use the original settings from phone, but any other does not change on the fly after X loops

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

what happen after X times loop? the call being dropped? fast busy?

cucm allows only 12 hops, then fast busy

HTH

java

HTH

java

Another question on this topic would be:

I want to implement SRST on the a brach office and have people from HQ call the Branch office in a transparent way, when Branch is in SRST mode without the need of configure CFUR to avoid problems like an softphone that is unregistered. There is another way of doing this?

Not really, CUCM has no way to tell if the phones are unregistered but using SRST or just unplugged from the network.

There is no failover mechanism like a route list in which you configure a local GW and if not availble a LD GW but adding a prefix.

DNs only method to do this are the call forward fields.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

At our branches, we have a couple of FXO ports connected to POTS lines from the local carrier. These are the numbers I enter into CFUR for the branch phones. This then goes through a dial peer set up as a PLAR that rings the main line or the branch manager's line. A little crude, but it works when a branch is in SRST, and most users don't notice.

There are also ways if you use SIp and have a good carrier.

Womble,

That is not my problem the branch offices have local E1, the problem is having to use CFUR in order to HQ can dial the Branch offices in case of a fail, there is Softphones on the network and they became unregistered every time the employee goes home that is a case where I don't want the calls being redirected using the PSTN.

Thanks

Java

Java,

I've just made a test using CFUR to route the call through the PSTN using a number that is associated to an IP Phone that is disconnected, while this I was monitoring the gateway and saw 3 legs to the pstn trying the number I've dialed. Any improvement on the number of hops? You said 12 on one of your previous posts. Until now no parameter can be set to set how many hops before the fast busy?

Rafael,

I am coming in on the tail end of this thread, so forgive me if this has already been covered.  With CFUR, I have found two ways to control the call loops.  One is is a loop control mechanism that Cisco has included as a service parameter.  I think this is what Java is referring to.  It is called MaximumForwardUnRegisteredHopsToDn.  By default it is not enabled.  A second method is to avoid the loop entirely.  By leverage the CFUR On Net and Off Net designations, you can specify a different coverage path based on internal vs. external call designation.

I did a write up on CFUR here:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/using-call-forwarding-to-support-srst-mode.html

Look under the section "What About Non_SRST Unregistered Devices?".

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: