i have the spa941 connected to an wbp54g and this one is connected to a wrt54g but dont work. the buttons on the spa 941 keep orange.
but when i connect the spa941 with the wbp54g to an 2wire router works fine.
(in both cases the wbp54g has been configured to each router)
some one can help me with this?
but i have another question regarding the LAN connection of the SPA9000. the LAN must still active, i mean i must be able to connect a pc tru there?
The SPA9000 has two ports: [but you only use one]
- the INTERNET port for connecting to a LAN switch for network connectivity
- the ETHERNET port for connecting a local administration computer [do not use this port]
Cisco best practice is to not connect any device to the ETHERNET connection, else system performance may suffer.
Please keep in mind that this is a very low cost VoIP device and should not be deployed as a router.
Cable modem / router > LAN switch:
Connect the following to the LAN switch ports:
- SPA9000 [INTERNET port]
- SPA400 [ETHERNET port]
- SPA9xx phone [WAN port]
- SPA9x2 phone [WAN port] > computer [phone's PC port]
couse i have the same issue with an SPA962 this one has the connection for a PC but cant make it work.
The SPA962 has two ports:
- the WAN port for connecting to a PoE switch port for power and network connectivity
- The PC port for connecting a computer to the network through the phone
Think of an office with only one network cable which is used by a computer.
- Disconnect the network cable from the computer and plug into the WAN port of the SPA962.
- Connect the PC port to the computer.
- Now the computer has network connectivity through the SPA962's 10/100 switch.
Note: Additional configuration required if you are using VLANs, refer to the phone's admin guide: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-2148
Great job troubleshooting. Thanks for letting me know that you have resolved the problem.
With respect to the new issue: but i have another problem i connect a pc to the LAN of the the SPA9000 and the internet dont work??
Please refer to page 50 of the Installation Guide which shows how to connect the devices together:
In summary, the SPA9000 Internet port is connected to the LAN switch. The SPA9000 Ethernet port is not used.
I believe that this is a basic networking issue, not a voice-related issue.
Something to consider is that the wired network and wireless network are probably two different networks.
"the SPA9000 assing an IP to the phone ..."
Can you use different words please? I don't understand what you mean by this.
"when i run the wizard of the SPA9000 can´t locate the SPA941."
Is the computer running the wizard, wired, or wireless?
I'm betting that the computer is running wired, please run in wireless mode and see if the wizard can locate the SPA9000 and the SPA941.
- What IP address does the SPA9000 have? [analog phone in FXS port, ****, 110#, and document the IP address]
- What is the SPA941 DHCP Enable status? [Setup button, 9, option 1]
- What IP address does the SPA941 have in a wired environment? [Setup button, 9, and document option 2, the IP address]
- Move the SPA941 to a wireless environment, what is it's IP address after booting? [Setup button, 9, and document the IP address]
- Using a wireless computer, what is the computer's IP address [c:\ipconfig /all]
- Using the wireless computer, ping the SPA9000's IP address, is the ping successful? Does the SPA9000 reply to the pings?
[Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt >
An orange LED on the phone indicates that the phone is not in contact with the proxy defined in Ext N > Proxy and Registration > Proxy:
From your description, it sounds like its a wireless configuration problem [when i connect the spa941 with the wbp54g to an 2wire router works fine]
Did you use the WBP54G wizard to configure the WBP54G?
If not, go back and use the WBP54G wizard to configure the WBP54G.
Did you ever get the phone to register when using the WBP54G?
If you did get the phone to register via the WBP54G, then perhaps you are now attempting to deploy beyond the range of the WRT54G.
Please see the response on the thread
link was edited by: Cindy Toy