cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX501 PDM question

rkowalcz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem accessing pix501 firwall via PDM using my Dell laptop with Windows XP, service pack3 and IE6, however I do not have any problems accessing the same firewall via PDM using the Dell PE2950 server running Windows 2003server and IE6. The firewall is set with static addresses on both sides. When I access the firewall with laptop I am getting the prompts for certificates but the process end when the PDM information window appears saying that "Please do not close this window. The Cisco PIX Device Manager will start in another window", but the real application does not start.Anybody had similar problems?

3 Replies 3

bmcginn
Level 3
Level 3

Hi there,

Are pop ups disabled on the laptop?

If not, are both computers using the same java client?

dmooreami
Level 3
Level 3

Make sure your java is not newer than v6 update7. The PDM version 3.01 has issues with all versions of java except version 1.4x. So upgrade it to 3.0.(4)

Pdm 3.0.(4) works with all versions of java upto v6 update7. Either sun or cisco's code broke on the pdm, ASDM and other GUI's is broken if java 6 update 11 or higher is installed on the PC.

Cisco isn't going to fix the old "PDM 3" code or the old Pix 7 ASDM 5 code, so keeping Java at v6u7 is probably a good idea.

This was EXTREMELY helpful! I don't access my PIX firewalls too often because they are all working flawlessly. I went to update an ACL on one and couldn't get to it. Thanks for saving me a drive to the remote site!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card