cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Migration from LMS 3.0.1 (SA) to 3.1 (Master)

dlongworth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a data migration to perform. I was wondering if anyone has done, or has had any issues with, a migration from 3.0.1 (standalone) to 3.1 (master).

Cheers

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It should work just fine. However, problems could always happen. After the migration, the DCR mode will be set back to standalone as the dcr.ini will be restored from the backup. You will need to reset it to master. In fact, I recommend you unregister all slaves from the master before doing the migration.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It should work just fine. However, problems could always happen. After the migration, the DCR mode will be set back to standalone as the dcr.ini will be restored from the backup. You will need to reset it to master. In fact, I recommend you unregister all slaves from the master before doing the migration.

Thx again Joe,

My intention was to recommend leaving the new server at Standalone; change it to Master after the migration. There are no other slave systems as yet (unless they wish to test beforehand).

I was curious about any gotchas and the like.

Cheers

No, no restore-specific gotchas. As with any big operation on Windows, I recommend disabling anti-virus software until after the operation is complete.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: