cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CS Device Management problem

kathegaj2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a stand alone implementation of IPM. I add and subtract devices to CS as I need to work with them. I recently deleted all devices out of DCR and then an import of new, some may have been the same but it was a bulk delete, bulk import.

There are 8 out of the newly imported 1200 devices the DCR cannot find but when I try to add them manually or by csv they are counted as duplicate and not added. Catch-22

Any ideas on how to fix this?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this server integrated with ACS?

No

Are you getting an error in DCR stating that the device already exists when trying to re-add it?

No error message. It says the device doesn't exist. After I have gone through the motions of adding it, DCR tells me it is a duplicate device. Then when I query the device in Device Management, it says the device doesn't exist.

I would need to see a DCR export, and possibly some database information to analyze this further. I doubt you'll post that on the forum, so I recommend you open a TAC service request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: