Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4400N Firmware Status

m.ruggles
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 2 WAP4400N access points, each has a different version of the firmware installed and one has options that the other one does not.

I have one access point running

1.2.17-ETSI

and one running

If I visit the Cisco site for firmware updates, I see that only one version of firmware is available for this access point... 1.2.14

This is quite poor for Cisco, I realize that Linksys is not Cisco's main area of business, but if you are going to provide

downloads for access points you could at least make sure that you have the latest version available.

Can you please state when the latest firmware for this device will be realeased.

83 Replies 83

johnhu
Level 1
Level 1

We apologize the inconvenience; it's mainly due to the Cisco high standard of  high quality checking in firmware and GPL release process (higher than the prior Linksys process) for ensuring customers' receiving the high-quality firmware and GPL. Once the lastest  v1.2.17 firmware and GPL pass all the Cisco firmware/GPL release process review and checking, it will be posted (target 4/15/2009). Thanks.

Please feel free to contact me if you've more questions on WAP4400N. Thanks.

johnhu@cisco.com

The firmware/GPL of v1.2.17 of WAP4400N is still under the new review process; the new target date of release: 5/30/2009. We apologize for the delay. Thanks.

Hi John,

Do you have news for firmware 1.2.17?

Thanks,

Rodrigo Rosa

Brazil.

johnhu
Level 1
Level 1

GPL team is still reviewing the GPL code of new firmware release. The new firmware release target date is 6/30/09. We apologize for the delay. Thanks.

i don't see the firmware posted. is it still being tested

mb

johnhu
Level 1
Level 1

The new firmware is still under testing. Thanks for your post.  Please stay tuned for upcoming firmware release.

Any news for the 1.2.17 firmware?

Regards,

Michael

No the firmware is still being tested

Wow this is getting old! In the meantime for the unlucky people that bought these like me, we have a bunch of junk that reboots several times a day.

jdh132
Level 1
Level 1

Still being tested huh?

I´m very disappointed...

Rodrigo Rosa.

Brazil.

Valued Partners,

Please trust us when we tell you that we have escalated this to the VP level and its not that its still being tested, its that its being reviewed.

There are many of us (most of us actually) working level people inside at Cisco who are looking at these threads in absolute horror, and we very much want to solve this, short of doing anything that can get us fired.

One of the advantages of bringing former Linksys 'Business Series' products into the Cisco Small Business family is we have a new set of processes that we must follow to ensure we have registered code properly, and we have met the proper ISO9000 exit criteria,...etc. and have a new set of folks who are responsible for this.  

One of the disadvantages is until this becomes routine for them, the new process has really slowed us down ;-(...alot (too much in our opinion too)

I can tell you this is hurting our minds and our hearts, and we hope that you stay with us and perhaps in a couple weeks this nightmare will be over.  I no this is a lame excuse to post, but I just didnt want you to think we didnt care.  It is hurting my pocketbook too :-(

Steve DiStefano

Small Business SE

US Field Channel Sales

I was fortunate enough to grab a copy of 1.2.17 (in January!) from the Linksys website before it disappeared.  I've had no problems with reboots.  I have had subtle problems with all the nodes on my wireless network being unable to connect to the AP after a week or two of uptime.  A reboot of the AP solves it until the next time.  I hope Cisco has spent these many months addressing issues and not just getting 1.2.17 ISO9000 certified.  Times are tough, even in Silicon Valley.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: