Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Conference via IP WAN ?

wahidayat007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to setup the video conference via IP WAN between head office and branch office. Do I need to install Gatekeeper on both sites or just on the head office ?

Can some one provide step by step guide ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

aherraez77
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

you do not need two GK. The Gw of both sites can be registered with the central GK. Also you can have two GK if you want.

You need to configure the gw of both side to call each other. You can use dial peers for the call if the gw are h.323

The congiguration depends on your arquitecture.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Actually I am going to setup a Video call through IP wan, between Head office and Branch office. I have Voicegateway installed on both site.Apart from CUCM configuration, Do I need to install Gatekeeper on both site, or I should install Gatekeeper on one site or no need of gatekeeper at all ?????

Thanks

Hello:

You don't need any GK. the gk is not for video calls. It is for scalability if you have many sites or for control h.323 networks.

Whith the CM configuration (enable de video call for the ip phones, and enable bw for video in location configuration) is enough. The gateways must need some configuration perphas, but you need 0 gk

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!