cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Presence and Cisco CCX Integration.

gupta.manish1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please suggest how to integrate Cisco Unified Presence with Cisco UCCX. What are the configuration are to be done on Cisco Unified Presence and CCX.

Any good documents..

Appreciate your response.

Regards,

Manish.

8 Replies 8

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Tony Knight
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get any feedback with your question?

Ryan LaFountain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The easiest thing to do is get CUPC working with the agent's credentials. Once that is working, you know that the CUPS piece is right. The document supplied previously shows the very limited CAD configuration that is required. This should go fine once you get CUPC working with the agent's information.

Keep in mind that CUPC is not the same as CAD and there are important differences:

1. You need to add an Inbound ACL to the CUPS server to allow connections from the CAD PCs as CAD does not support Message Digest as CUPC does. This is CSCtb50109.

2. CAD does not escape special characters in the password, so use a password without special characters. This is CSCtf25959.

I was running 7.0(1) SR1, and my TAC engineer had me stop using DNS, and use the hosts file.  I could resolve the name with DNS, so I didn't understand his tactics, but sure enough, it started working.  So Ryan, is this something you've heard of?

Message was edited by: Anthony Holloway - To clarify, I am referring to the UCCX server, not an Agent PC.

Tony Knight
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for that, it worked first time (without the DNS issue).

Cheers

Are you saying that you too stopped using DNS, and now it works?

No, it worked without having to do anything with DNS

Oh I see.  You replied to my post with "thanks", but now I think you meant to reply to Ryan's post.  So you did what Ryan suggested and it now works?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: