cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch Catalyst 3750in Stack

flielguera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, after UPGRADE IOS version to Stack of Switchs Catalyst 3750, one of them doesn't respond. See closer I notice that the front led SYST, is permanently blink in a green state. The other Switch of the STACK work OK.

When I log-in via console to the Switch I receive a "SWITCH:" prompt.

Please, someone can help me in this matter.

Regards.

Fernando,

6 Replies 6

adamclarkuk_2
Level 4
Level 4

It sounds like your switch has failed to boot. check that the switch has an IOS in flash.

Run the following commands :-

flash_init

load_helper

dir flash:

Check that it has an valid IOS as it my have got currupt during boot up.

Hello, thanks for you response. I follow you instructions, the flash is ok, but the Switch showme a new message, I attach the messages of the Switch.

File "c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE.bin" could be missing from the directory. Please verify by typing the command "cd flash:c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE", then do a "dir" to see if the .bin file is present.

Hello, thanks for you response, I follow you instructions, the CD command doesn't work. I use the DIR command, like this:

switch:

switch: cd flash:c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE

Unknown cmd: cd

switch: dir flash:c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE

Directory of flash:c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE/

7 drwx 3648 html

411 -rwx 673 info

13451264 bytes available (2547712 bytes used)

switch:

Well, please, what is the next Step.

Regards.

Fernando.

Just as I feared. The .bin file is missing.

You need to follow the following proceedures from this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml#topic2

Hope this helps.

Hello, thanks for the procedures, but I have problemas to delete files into FLASH. I attach a LOG of my steps. As you see I can't delete a directoty of the flash to make room. How can do that ..??

Regards.

Fernando,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card