CUCM 7 Sametime 8 integration

Unanswered Question
Mar 16th, 2009

Hi all,

we currently run a communications manager cluster version 7.0 and an IBM sametime server version 8.

As for a click to dial / click to conference functionality, I tried to integrate both systems according to an available document called "Configuring the Click-to-Conference Plug-In with IBM Lotus Sametime"

This documentation describes a method which is totally server based (without installing any client based plugin) - which is quite good from my point of view...

Basically there are a few steps to follow in order to set this up:

- Installing the click-to-conference plugin at the sametime server (7.0(1)

Build 210)

- Configuring this Plugin at the sametime server

-enabling c2c at CUCM (within service parameters)

- Configuring a SIP trunk

I did all this configuration like described in this documentation, but unfortunately is doesn't work.

And to be honest I neither know exactly how to deal with this feature (because there is no information in this guide, how to test or verify a successful integration), nor do I have any clue, how the communications manager could identify somebody as the initiator of a call (when there is no need for a client plugin...)

Has somebody experience with such an integration? Or is there any more documentation available at cisco which also describes how to test and how it works (rather than just the configuration steps in order to configure)?

Thanks a lot in advance,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion