cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP! Just upgraded my 2 failover ASA 5510's to version 8.04

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 ASA 5510's configured in a failover config, and since I upgraded them to version 8 today the secondary unit active LED is red. Seems like everything is working okay, but I wanted to verify the RED light is just letting me know it is in standby mode. When I fail one of the units it does fail over to the other.

Please let me know if this is the casa ASAP because I am in our data center 3 hours from home and I dont want to leave till I know forsure.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What does the console state?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What does the console state?

It states all is ready.

The latest is my VPN connections can't hit any internal shares. The VPN connection comes up but when I try to connect to Exchange or a network share it fails. Not sure if I missed something or not. We allow split tunneling.

Any idea on this issue?

I called TAC on the other and they claim it is normal.

Thanks,

Dan

That's usually caused by mismatched ACLs (on interesting traffic). Here's a good link on t/s VPNs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807e0aca.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card