cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA Configuration for FAX line

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All, I have several ATA 186's at a location that I'm using for analog fax lines. This site complains about fax's dropping and a multitude of other problems with faxing. I'm trying to narrow down what may be the problem. I kind of think that its the fax machine, the site has about seven of the same fax machines and sporadically all have complained about inconsistent faxing. We have a full PRI, running Call Manager 6.1.3.2000-1 business edition, MGCP as our Gateway protocol, SCCP as our device protocol. I'm wondering if my ATA configuration has something to do with this. I'm attaching a screenshot of the "audio" configuration of one of the ATA's that are having issues. Is this the correct Codec that I should be using? I'm also using “fax pass-through” and have enabled modem “pass-through” on my gateway configuration in call manager.

Thanks for the help,

Dan

4 Replies 4

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Forgot to add my Screen Shot.

Thanks,

Dan

I had an issue with some ATA and fax's displaying comm error's intermittantly. I ended up turning off Error Correction Mode (ECM) on them, and setting the transmission speed lower. The problem went away.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I've already disabled ECM and lowered the transmission speed to the lowest on all fax machines. My next thought was maybe something with the ATA config.

thanks,

Dan

You can try AudioMode 0x00350015.

Greetings,

René

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: