cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change extensions in "Unity Connection" Users Tab

carbonscoring
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we are using Cisco Unified communications manager 6.1.3 business edition with Unity Integrated. I have a small problem, I have a couple of users that had moved offices and they did not take their phones. Instead I changed the description on the phone and DN, I changed the associated devices and extension for "end users" under "user management" and also updated the device profile under device settings all to reflect the new users being associated with the correct DN's and Devices. All looks great under call manager however, when I look in "Unity connection administration" under "users" I see the users but, they are still associated with the old extension. The extension is actually grayed out so I can't change it and on the top of the screen I see "This user is integrated with a Cisco Unified Communications Manager end user. Some fields may be disabled."

Is there a way I can temporally break this connection so I can enter in the correct extension in Unity that this person is associated with or is there another way to do this? Again All phones were existing, and DN's and users were existing they just moved to different phones.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you cannot modify that via CUC, CUC imports the info from CUCM. what you need to do is to resync the information from CUC so it pulls the new DNs you changed on CUCM

there is a different set of instructions for BE systems

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition

Maintain and Operate Guides

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps7273/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Make sure If you reassign users to a new phone system, we recommend that you change the user extensions to the extensions that will be used by the new phone system before deleting the old phone system. Otherwise, users will not be able to access their voice messages.

you cannot modify that via CUC, CUC imports the info from CUCM. what you need to do is to resync the information from CUC so it pulls the new DNs you changed on CUCM

there is a different set of instructions for BE systems

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition

Maintain and Operate Guides

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps7273/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

HTH

java

HTH

java

knovak123
Level 1
Level 1

UCMBE Unity Extensions are directly controlled by the "Primary Extension" field on the End User Properties page in CUCM.

Once the extension has been changed on the phone, provided the phone is associated to the user, the new extension is selectable from the drop down box.

As Javalenc said, once that is done, re-sync from the UConn Admin page and you should be good.

Good Luck!

Kevin

Thanks guys for the help, part of the problem was that when the user changed extensions to the new phone it was not really a new phone there was a generaic user at that phone. Once I deleted the generic user I was able to synch up the correct person.

works great,

thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: