cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetPro appreciation gifts

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Warning: This is not a serious conversation, so don't come with your official clothes! I am having a break after working almost non-stop 4 days in a row, and I wanted to joke about something I have been thinking for some time now.

I suppose many of you have received NetPro appreciation gifts from time to time when your stars change color. I am not a big star, so I do not have many such gifts. I wanted to comment on the shirt that says "Top NetPro Expert". This is a good quality shirt and I would have wore it, if only it didn't say all these words. I can wear a shirt that says just "NetPro", but I cannot wear a shirt that says either "Top" or "Expert" and certainly not both! This shirt still sits at the top of one of my libraries within the original bag, which is a pity.

Anyway, I hope the next present won't be a neon flashing sign that says "Top NetPro Expert" for me to put on my head! :-)

42 Replies 42

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I haven't received one.

I suppose you meant you have not received the shirt and not the neon flashing sign. If you meant the sign, then that's good news! :-)

If I remember correctly it was after the previous Networkers in Orlando when I received the shirt. A person from cisco contacted me and was asking if I would attend the Orlando Networkers, so she could arrange the delivery of the NetPro gift at the Orlando premises. I live in Europe and have attended Networkers only in Europe. Nevertheless, she was kind enough to send me the shirt anyway. I suppose the purpose of the gift was to make easier for the NetPro regulars to recognize each other in the crowd.

That would've been a long time ago. In this current financial situation, I doubt if I'd be getting the same call. :)

Oh well, it would've been nifty to be walking around with a "Netpro" T-Shirt in Australia.

Oh, I could use a shirt right now. Since I'm traveling, all what I have is a bag full of wrinkled clothes.

I would like it without any sign but able to make me look 10kg less.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dan,

Can I get a "Top NetPro Expert" T-Shirt? Please? ;)

Thanks for coming here with wrinkled clothes :-)

The current economic crisis is not an argument for me. People and companies are over-reacting in this situation. Those who have money should put at least some back in the market or they won't be receiving any money in the future ;-p

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

The NetPro volunteers are devoting their time and knowledge and help cisco dominate in the market. The more information you can find about a product, the more likely is for people to prefer to buy it and keep using it. So, I think the appreciation gifts should be sent to the volunteers (I already have one). If cisco cannot afford a shirt, I cannot afford to post in this forum anymore.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Folks,

This is a pretty cool conversation! I'm with Paolo, I could always use a new shirt. Don't hold your breath Leo, I've never recieved a shirt either ;-)

I'm holding out now for a NetPro Coffee Mug.

Have a great weekend! Keep on Posting! The participation here by NetPro's like you three is what makes all of this worthwhile!

Cheers!

Rob

I dunno, I was soooooo disappointed.

After all, if they're gonna give you a car, even if it's only a Corvette, they should check so they can give you one in your preferred color ....

I mean, it doesn't even match my toolbag or anything.

(just kidding of course

I just bought another toolbag to match!!)

Cheers!

Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

I'm sick and tired of wearing T-Shirts from Enterasys, Juniper, Foundry and Riverbed (oopsie! Name-Dropping Alert!) ... and I love using Cisco, *wink* *wink*. Now if they could just throw in a few "Netpro" T-shirts to boot. He he he ...

Wore my company's ID using a lanyard from Foundry and walked into a Cisco roadshow presentation. Every Cisco employee sized me up from head to foot and I went, "Why is everyone staring at me?"

My colleague elbowed me and hissed, "You ding-a-ling! They're looking at your lanyard."

I did not post for a while not because cisco has not given others the shirt yet (or I haven't heard about it), but because I am too busy with my master in a quite different field and context switching is expensive as most of you know. This does not mean that my "threat" will not come true if I don't see a movement from cisco in reasonable time.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm back from a long trip with clean clothes, but still very wrinkled. I've been to Cisco HQs and got a full fix of Cisqueness and their cyclic up and downs. No shirts this time.

Did you knew that cisco will take away the free sodas and that among employees that is debated more than stock value ?

Did you knew if that if a Cisco person has a -X in the email (like Dan) that means he/she not a permanent employees hence with even more limited powers ?

Beside that, as the usual Maria throws too much good sense to be of use on a corporate forum. Hey now that I think about, I've been anywhere but I've not been to Greece yet ?!?

I don't like "bonus" policies much because those are the first taken away when things go bad.

I sympathize with Dan, I am aware of his work here, which should be only a small part of what he does behind the scenes and I hope everything goes well for him.

p.s. Some ways of cutting down costs bring down company morale for no serious gains.

I can not know where this economic crisis is going to go. If we look back in history, which I have been reading lately with increased interest although my main interests are in technical areas, things do not seem very optimistic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links