Views
Helpful
Replies

GSM Gateway

hotrot_net
Level 1
Level 1

How about a GSM Gateway form Cisco.

I got a lot of client that have the UC520 that want to use a GSM Gateway there are 3rd party product, but they want a cisco.. Is there anything out there? Or in the nearby future?

Or is there a recommend Gateway by Cisco?

Greetings

Andy Gribnau

7 Replies 7

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I think this should help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/routers/ps380/3g_solns.html

We have a few routers that support this as some ISR's that you can hwic's for.

Thanks

Steven

Dear Steven,

Thats a datagateway..( if i;m not mistaking). I want to be able to place calls trough GSM like  these

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/VOIP+GSM+Gateways

Greetings

Andy Gribnau

We do not have a product like this in our portfolio. You could potentially connect something like this to a Communications Manager Express (CME) device using SIP, but it is something that we have not tested with any vendor.

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Dear Marcos,

Thank you for you're reply.. I;m disapponed but never the less, thanx for the info.

I've already got 2 client runnig with ISDN to GSM gateway (form there previos PBX) , other client would like to see a cisco option.

Greetings

Andy Gribnau

Do you want the Cisco device to replace the PBX or the GSM gateway? If you are talking about connecting Cisco to the GSM gateway via ISDN, that should be doable.

Marcos

Dear Marcos,

No not replace a UC500.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

What I allready have in use is a UC500 with a GSM ISDN gateway. For a new client i want a CISCO GSM (VOIP) gateway . But as you don't manufactur these thats not an option.

Greetings

Andy

I did some research, and it appears that there might be a Cisco products that support this in the future, but unfortunately, I cannot say when it will be supported or in which products.  Sorry about that.

Thanks

Steven