Assign WLAN to AP

Answered Question
Mar 17th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi,

we have a Cisco WLC and created some WLANs. All is working fine. We have a H-REAP AP at a remote location. We don't want to assign all available WLANs to this AP. Is it possible to assign only special choosen WLANs to this AP?

Correct Answer by Scott Fella about 8 years 2 months ago

You can use the wlan override feature on the AP 802.11bgn and 802.11an under the wireless tab on the wlc. Check only the ssid's you wish to have on each radio.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Scott Fella Tue, 03/17/2009 - 05:07
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

You can use the wlan override feature on the AP 802.11bgn and 802.11an under the wireless tab on the wlc. Check only the ssid's you wish to have on each radio.

David Wagner Tue, 03/17/2009 - 14:29
User Badges:

Thank you. That's what i`ve searched for.

H-REAP: 100 ms max latency between the WLC and AP may not exceed. Is it the same for local switching and local authentication?

Scott Fella Wed, 03/18/2009 - 06:22
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

I would say yes, but again, that is considered best practice. Depending on the bandwidth at the time of authentication might be more of an issue. I have clients with h-reap ap's all over and no issue, but only few running over 100msec.

Actions

This Discussion