cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Integration

kartik.bhatia
Level 1
Level 1

What all possible ways CVP can integrate to a Third Party System.

When I say a third party system I mean a system with some Data on it.

Like with IP-IVR I integrated to a Database system by using ODBC,DbRead,DBGet nodes. And also I used CreateXMLDoc, Get nodes where we used to send a URL to a web server and get info from them in XML tags.

So in the same way with CVP I integrated to Oracle Database using JNDI.

So What all other possible ways are there to integrate and get info form a system with data on it.

Can I send a URL to a web server the same way we do in IP-IVR using CreateXMlDoc node?

I did not find this info on the SRND and the Config Guide.

4 Replies 4

kartik.bhatia
Level 1
Level 1

?

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

The latest versions of CVP also have a built-in step called the Web Services element. This allows you to integrate CVP scripts with simple SOAP web services. Beyond that, the design philosophy behind CVP is a bit different from IP-IVR. It's designed to be flexibly extended through custom development, rather than including a rich set of built-in features. You can integrate CVP with virtually anything, but to do so you need to code custom Java elements or interface with the CVP XML api. Look up the CVP Programming Guide for more info.

Yeah I wrote my own Java class for integrating with Web Service instead of using the built in one. I found it more flexible :)

Chad

Ditto here - but I was developing on CVP 3.0 and that did not have the Web Service element. I used the Sun JAXB system (Java XML Binding Compiler) to convert XML docs to Java objects and vice versa.

I haven't investigated changing.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: