Views
Helpful
Replies

CUWL Unity Ports Configuration

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm configuring Unity 7.0 for Domino with a Worspace license for 100 users. I know that for each 25 users we should have a port. However, I installed the license and I got 0 voice port in the license summary page but I got the 100 unifide messaging users :

"Abonnés Cisco Unity : 100

Fonctionnalités d'abonné Cisco Unity - Boite de réception Unity : 100

Fonctionnalités d'abonné Cisco Unity - Unified Messaging : 100

Ports vocaux : 0"

I can't go ahead with the telephony system integration.

How could I get the voice port number set to 4 (25 * 4 = 100 users)

any help !

thanks in adavnce

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

It looks like even though your order lists the ports, they aren't added to your license when it is generated online

Hi,

If I have understood correctly you have got 100 mailbox but no Ports.

With CUWL either Standard or Professional you need to manually select the number of ports for Unity. There is no calculation of having a port against 25 users.

From Ordering Guide -

Messaging Options (Standard Edition and Professional Edition)

Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection - Customer has a choice between Cisco Unity and Cisco Unity Connection for the messaging deployment in Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing.

When you choose your messaging system, you will be prompted to select the appropriate version, -->"port count"<-- and, in the case of Unity, message store. All user features including web access, IMAP support, speech and, in the case of Cisco Unity, unified messaging, are included at no additional charge with Unified Workspace Licensing.

If failover or high availability capabilities are required this will entail an extra cost. If Unity is chosen, the failover option may be purchased as an option within the CUWL-LIC order. If Unity Connection is purchased, due to the license generation process for its active-active failover capability, the high availability option must be purchased separately under the top level part CUWL-MISC.

So cross check with what has been ordered. Either you have missed ports while ordering (which I highly doubt) or cisco has not shipped the license.

-> Sushil

That was a error in the license shipped by Cisco.

Thanks.

bgroff
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has had a bug in their license web page for issuing Unity Domino licenses since the dawn of time. The web site always seems to issue only subscribers, not the rest of the server stuff.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: