Views
Helpful
Replies

JRM Service shows down

mohd_ghalib
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am using Ciscoworks LMS Version 3.0. I have a problem with my application which started

appearing yesterday. I cannot execute any jobs. It throws an error message "JRM Service

could be down. Check whether JRM services are running" This appears in all the applications

like RME, CM and Common Services.

When checked in "Common Services -> Server -> Admin -> Processes it shows JRM is running

normally. Tried restarting the service from there, and also stopped and restarted all the

Ciscoworks Services from Windows services.msc

but no luck.

The Java I have installed in the server is Sun Java Version 6.0.110

I checked the status from the command line and the below output I got.

E:\>cwjava -cw E:\Progra~1\CSCOpx com.cisco.nm.cmf.jrm.jobcli

org.omg.CORBA.OBJECT_NOT_EXIST:

Could not locate the following Object:

repository id : IDL:jrm/JrmServiceManager:1.0

object name : JrmServiceManager_ciscoworks

host name : ciscoworks

vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No

Could anyone please help with this? Thanks in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is what I thought. Someone has change the LMS service startup modes from Manual to Automatic. This breaks LMS. Of these, the only ones that should be Automatic are CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, CWCS syslog service, CWCS rsh/rcp service, and CWCS tftp service. All the rest MUST be Manual. Fix the settings, then reboot, and your problem should be fixed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the jrm.log, and the output of the pdshow command.

Hi, the logs are attached. Another thing I found is the services -CTMJrmServer, DFMCTMStartup, DataPurge-are also not running now. It says "Administrator has shutdown". Tried restarting but it shuts automatically again. And its generating huge amount of logs also. The jrm.log has reached the size of 55mb. So I renamed it and created a new file, which is 4 mb now. All the logs are showing same data.

This looks like a services problem. Please most a screenshot of your Services Control Panel showing the CiscoWorks services.

Screen shot attached. I can see 15 services related Ciscoworks are running.

This is what I thought. Someone has change the LMS service startup modes from Manual to Automatic. This breaks LMS. Of these, the only ones that should be Automatic are CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, CWCS syslog service, CWCS rsh/rcp service, and CWCS tftp service. All the rest MUST be Manual. Fix the settings, then reboot, and your problem should be fixed.

Hey clarke...the solution given by you was perfect..it has solved my problem. Thanks a lot!!! Must appreciate your skill in pin pointing the issue!! :) Thank you once again..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: