cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem LMS2.6 - Cisco View 6.1.5 no appear the chasis MSFCs 6500

telenor2008
Level 1
Level 1

The switches 6500 with CatOS 8.3(7) no appear well the chasis with the Cisco View 6.1.5.

Always prior to display the chassis were asks us to introduce the credentials SNMP for the Modules for each of the cards MSFCs. The cards MSFCs are given high devices as independent and with the credentials correct. Once we requested the credentials, whether the writing, as if I select cancel, i asked the following MSFC, and then both if written communities as if is canceled, shows the chassis. This is done once, On the same meeting did not return to request the credentials, but if we open a new session itself become a request.

What can we do for that we are not continually call the credentials of the cards MSFCs?

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CiscoView will prompt for credentials for any device it does not find in DCR. Make sure the MSFC has been added to DCR using the IP address which is in the same VLAN as sc0 on the 6500.

Hi;

The MSFCs yes are discharged with the IP address of the VLAN to which it belongs the interface sc0 of switches.

What more can I do or prove?, thanks

Are these MSFCs in DCR with the correct SNMP credentials?

Hi;

Yes the correct SNMP credentials, Some idea more?

Once we requested the credentials, whether the writing, as if I select cancel, i asked the following MSFC, and then both if written communities as if is canceled, shows the chassis. This is done once, On the same meeting did not return to request the credentials, but if we open a new session itself become a request.

If the community strings are correct, and the MSFC is being managed by the IP which is in the same VLAN as sc0, then this should work. I suggest you open a TAC Service request so more debugging can be done. This could be a device problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: