cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

outbound caller ID problem

averheaghe
Level 1
Level 1

My outbound caller ID is only sending the 4 digit extension of the calling phone.

In CCM (5.1.2) in the external phone number mask I have the full 10 digit number.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe that by 'check your gateway' they meant to check your callmanager gateway configs. Typically, you wouldn't alter your callid from the actual gateway. Typically, you'd handle that from callmanager.

Apart from the external mask on each phone line, you can alter the mask at several other levels: gateway, route list, and route patterns.

Each higher level overrides the previous level settings (so gateway trumps route list, route list trumps route patterns, route patterns trump phone lines, and the actual gateway translation rules or whatever override callmanager). From the hip, my guess is that the "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" checkbox on your route pattern(s) is not checked.

cheers,

Will

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Check 'debug isdn q931' to make sure you're sending 10, maybe the provider is clipping it to 4. Otherwise, check the calling number mask on the DNs / gateway for conflict.

-nick

brandoncheah
Level 1
Level 1

What nic said....check your gateway for Caller ID DN on the outbound calls, the gateway will trump anything. Leave your gateway blank and have your external phone number mask be 10 digits.

If this still isnt working, check telco and see what they are sending out.

Debug is showing that the calling party is 4 digits. But I cannot find in the config any caller ID configurations that would limit the digits sent.

Attached is the running config and debug;

I believe that by 'check your gateway' they meant to check your callmanager gateway configs. Typically, you wouldn't alter your callid from the actual gateway. Typically, you'd handle that from callmanager.

Apart from the external mask on each phone line, you can alter the mask at several other levels: gateway, route list, and route patterns.

Each higher level overrides the previous level settings (so gateway trumps route list, route list trumps route patterns, route patterns trump phone lines, and the actual gateway translation rules or whatever override callmanager). From the hip, my guess is that the "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" checkbox on your route pattern(s) is not checked.

cheers,

Will

Hello,

Try adding this to your config:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^16../ /XXXXXX&/

voice translation-profile OUT

translate calling 1

voice-port 0/2/0:23

translation-profile outgoing OUT

The x's in the above translation rule will be the area code and prefix that you want to send out and will append the 4 digits to the end of that.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.