Views
Helpful
Replies

guest access web authentication issue

mlieber
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts-

we have a problem concerning secure guest access. One controller 4402 is installed in DMZ and is working as guest anchor WLC. The guest user terminates as this anchor wlc. From this controller the client will get the ip address but when the user will open the browser and insert the url like www.cisco.com, there is no redirect to the web authentication page. If we try to reach the virtual IP via Web browser the authentication page will not be seen. Proxy setting in browser are deactivated. DNS works, if no authentication is configured Internet access is working well. But if we configure "Pass Thru", the client is in status "Authentication required" again.

Has anybody any ideas?

Thanks a lot, Martin

4 Replies 4

mlieber
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to say we use Version 5.1.151

First of all, when you configure the wlan to open, do you see that device on the anchor controller or the foreign wlc? You should see the user authenticated on the anchor. If not, then your mobility between the foreign and anchor is not working. Mping and Eping between the foreign and anchor wlc. Verify that the ssid has mobility anchor configured. Also you must make sure that your ssid on the foreign and on the anchor wlc. The webauth page will need to be installed on the anchor wlc along with the 3rd party certificate if you use one.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thanks for your response,

eping and mping are working and the client is authenticated on the anchor when the wlan is configured to open.

The ssid is identical configured on anchor and foreign.

This morning I have found the bug CSCsu82045. It looks like our problem, the same symptoms. Now we will try an update to 5.2

sungy
Level 1
Level 1

I am running 5.1.151 and it works fine. Was it working before?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card