cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 /Under Solaris - Data collection

richard.tetu
Level 1
Level 1

Under Campus Manager , the data collection has been launched but never ending (since January ).

The campus manager version is a 4.0.10 one. Does someone know which process has been invoked when data collection is running ?

Is there a PDSHOW batch like in windows which could be analyzed ?

I had doing a test , even if it's in window, but when the PDSHOW has been running, the output has never showed the process associated with Data Collection ( started from the GUI).

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Data Collection is handled by ANIServer. ANIServer should always be running, however, even when Data Collection is not. The only safe way to force a Data Collection to stop is to restart dmgtd. The pdshow command on Solaris can be found in /opt/CSCOpx/bin.

The customer has did a restart dmgtd , but the CampusManager is showing that the the DataCollection si still running form January.

It could be a bug or a process blocked....

Have someone have an idea , has the pdshow don't showing anything relevant ?

You haven't posted a pdshow output. If the customer really restart dmgtd, then Data Collection should not still show running. Where are they seeing this? A screenshot of the problem would help.

Thanks

I have posted : the pdshow and an a screenshot of the CM's GUI.

Richard

I have added the ani.zip ( who is the zip og the ani.log)as i saw a ANI.exception base .

First, the time shown is the last time Data Collection completed, not when it was last started. Second, Daemon Manager was not restarted since February 11. I also see a database error in the ani.log on 3/9.

I suggest you actually restart Daemon Manager to get ANIServer and ANIDbEngine to resync. If the database errors continue, you may need to reinitialize the ANI database.