cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE - Need to permit access to allow remote management to servers

mcroberts
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to the ACE and having a problem figuring out how to allow the server team to manager their servers sitting behind the ACE modules. Load balancing is working great.

ex...

rserver1 = 172.17.252.10

rserver2 = 172.17.252.11

vip = 172.17.252.15

Currently, the server team is not able to use remote desktop, term services, etc... to manage the real servers...ie .10 and .11. My ACL permits everything and my multi-match policy map only permits access to the vip and applies load-balancing policies.

What do I need to configure to allow the server team to access their rserver IP addresses to manage each box?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If ACLs are in place then you need to make sure that traffic from server team can be routed successfully to/from the real servers.

Upstream routing devices should have routes for your real servers pointing to the ACE.

HTH

Syed iftekhar Ahmed

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

If ACLs are in place then you need to make sure that traffic from server team can be routed successfully to/from the real servers.

Upstream routing devices should have routes for your real servers pointing to the ACE.

HTH

Syed iftekhar Ahmed

all of the routing is in place and the the real servers gateways are the ACE. I think my issue lies within the policy map permitting traffic in to the real IP addresses, but I cant find a combination that will permit the required traffic to the real servers IP addresses.

access-list IB extended permit ip any any

class-map match-any VIP

match virtual-address 172.17.252.15 tcp eq 80

match virtual-address 172.17.252.15 tcp eq 443

policy-map multi-match client-vip

class VIP

loadbalance vip inservice

loadbalance policy slb

loadbalance vip icmp-reply

interface vlan 252

ip address 172.17.252.4 255.255.255.192

service-policy input client-vip

access-group input IB

Policy maps are not needed for "Direct server Access". you just need an ACL and appropriate routes.

Syed

Hi, make sure that you configure the IB ACL on VLAN interface of the serverVLAN too, otherwise your return traffic is blocked.

HTH

Kr,

Dario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: