Helpful
Replies

DialPeer question

cris_jimenez
Level 2
Level 2

Hello folks

I have some issues with dial-peers

I have a 2811 running MGCP as the primary protocol and is registered to CCM 6.1(2).

for emergency calls, we are routing the calls through 2 local FXO ports, the ports show as registered in CCM, however in the gateway the dial-peer associated to the FXO port is showing up as down

I issued a no mgcp, mgcp and didn't work

I reconfigured the dial-peer as

dial-peer voice 101 pots

service mgcpapp

port 0/2/0

and still the same

could you please help me

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the port configured on CM properly? In the right port, etc? Does it show registered there? MGCP auto generate the dialpeer for you and you should not need to touch it on the GW, only CM config should be of your concern.

Chris

Please check 'show ccm | i Name' against the name you've entered on the MGCP gateway page and check for typos / missing domain name.

Otherwise, check 'show voice port summary' and 'show voice call summary' to make sure the ports are in an operational state.

Then, do a 'debug mgcp packet' and see what's up with the messaging, and see which side is rejecting the call. The gateway could be sending an "Unknown Endpt" or the CUCM could be sending back a 500 rejection message, among other things.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: