cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF tones SIP-CUBE-H323 problems

jonesbrett
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I have set up a sip trunk to a isp via CUBE h323 gateway and call manager 5.1.3 all voice call are fine but DMTF tones are not working correctly. Inbound tones work to a IVR but not to phone and outbound tones don't work at all.

6 Replies 6

Try this:

dial-peer voice 903

dtmf-relay h245-alpha rtp-nte digit-drop

In general, 'incoming called-number .' on a CUBE with a SIP trunk is bad practice. You will match all H323 and SIP traffic to the same dial peer.

You will have much more granularity and accuracy by changing your incoming SIP dial peer to match on the 'incoming called-number '.

Then on your H323 you can match by using 'answer-address '.

Or you can just do the work around and put H323 dtmf relay on a SIP dial peer.

-nick

Hi Nick,

I have implemented the changes you have suggested which worked, however I have now come across another problem. When calling in over the SIP trunk and I go through the IVR and get transferred to the operator queue, I do not hear ringback while I'm queuing. If I call in over the ISDN circuit and go through the IVR and get transferred to the operator queue the call never gets delivered to a agent.

Now if I remove MTP from the gateway configuration in Call Manager and I dial in over SIP to the operator queue I hear MoH and if I dial in using ISDN to the operator queue I get ringback. However if try to dial out with MTP disabled all outbound SIP calls fail and the call gets routed out over ISDN.

You would need to enable outbound fast start on your H323 or SIP gateway, whichever is defined in CUCM. This is more than likely the problem.

-nick

Hi Nick, When I enable the MTB I do enable fast start inbound and outbound on the gateway configuration page. Is there any other configuration that needs to be done the gateway itself?

Thanks

Brett

Hi Nick, I have now enabled fast start on the gateway. If I call into the operator queue via the ivr I get MoH but if disable MoH I still don't get ringback. The same happens when I dial in via ISDN, but the call still never gets delivered to agent.

It's pretty hard to tell from this description. This would require some gateway debugs and detailed level CUCM traces. You may want to open a TAC case to address this.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: