Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP pools for remote users

mulhollandm
Level 1
Level 1

folks

i'm trying to set up several ip dhcp pools on a router to allocate ip addresses for a number ranges based on radius requests from an acs se (1113 4.1), i.e 8 pools & 8 ACS ranges

i've set up a pool on the router as a test and it works if the pool uses the same ip range as the fa0/0 interface

BUT the request won't be for the lan used by the fa0/0 interface - i need the dhcp addresses to be allocated to the remote clients not directly connectly ones

has anyone done this before - i only need to allocate an IP, don't need dns, domain etc

thanks to anyone taking the time to read this or reply

greatly appreciated

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the LAN, try "ip helper-address ".

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So your remote client connect to the router via PPP and after the authentication, you want the ACS to send back to the router the pool name to use for the client IP address allocation.

If this is correct, you can find more information at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.0/user/guide/u.html#wpxref13167

HTH

Laurent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card