I have never done this before, but will this work.
Will the switch tolerate a SUP720-BASE and a SUP720-3B to be in the same switch for a short period of time.
Customer wishes to replace two SUP720-BASE with two SUP720-3B without any downtime or maintenance window.
Ofcourse IOS will be same.
Procedure we plan to follow:
1. Remove standby SUP 720-BASE (Slot 8)
2. replace with SUP-720-3B ( Slot 8 )
3. wait for sync and status to return as good HA state
4. perform a soft sup switch command
5. Remove 720-Base ( Slot 7)
6. replace sup with 720 3B ( Slot 7)
7 wait for ok status
8 Perform soft sup switch to return to normal