Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot connect via VPN.

mfawehin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I apologise for posting this thread in this forum, it is because it is pretty urgent and I always get a faster response here.

Can someone please help with this, there is a vpn set up between two of our remote sites, I'll call them site A and B. Site A has a site-to-site VPN set up to Site B and Site B has a leased line connection to the head office.

I now want site A to be able to connect via its VPN connection in Site B through to a server in the head office to pick up files etc.

Please direct me as to how I can achieve this.

A 3rd party company manage the VPN between site A and B and they have assured me that all IP is allowed through.

There are Cisco routers as endpoints at both sites A and B and a Pix at the Head office.

The site A and B network have been defined on the Head office Pix and the access rule has been created allowing http/https access which is all that is required.

When they try to browse to the server from site A, I am not even seeing anything in my logs.

Thanks for your time.

Martha

3 Replies 3

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

My understanding is...

Site A<--L2Lvpn-->SiteB <--Leased line-->Head office

Site A Need to be able to get to a server ex: 192.168.100.100 at Head office.

Try the below:

Site A:

1. L3 device has static route point to site B to reach server

2. Access-list statements on VPN device so that The traffic to Server from Site A goes unencrypted/via tunnel (same tunnel to Site B)

Site B:

As Site B aready aware of Site A and Head office- routing part is completed.

1. Access-list statements on VPN device so that The traffic FROM Server TO Site A goes unencrypted/via tunnel (same tunnel to Site A)

Head Office:

1.L3 device has static route point to site B to Site A.

Hth

MS

Hi MS,

Thanks so much for your response. I will liaise with the 3rd party support partner and confirm that the site A device is configured accordingly and I will check the site B device as well.

I just want to make sure I understand your instructions regarding the Head office though, do you mean a static route to site A with the site B device as next hop?

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks,

Martha.

"do you mean a static route to site A with the site B device as next hop?"

That is correct.

hth

MS

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card