Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot connect via VPN.

mfawehin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I apologise for posting this thread in this forum, it is because it is pretty urgent and I always get a faster response here.

Can someone please help with this, there is a vpn set up between two of our remote sites, I'll call them site A and B. Site A has a site-to-site VPN set up to Site B and Site B has a leased line connection to the head office.

I now want site A to be able to connect via its VPN connection in Site B through to a server in the head office to pick up files etc.

Please direct me as to how I can achieve this.

A 3rd party company manage the VPN between site A and B and they have assured me that all IP is allowed through.

There are Cisco routers as endpoints at both sites A and B and a Pix at the Head office.

The site A and B network have been defined on the Head office Pix and the access rule has been created allowing http/https access which is all that is required.

When they try to browse to the server from site A, I am not even seeing anything in my logs.

Thanks for your time.

Martha

3 Replies 3

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

My understanding is...

Site A<--L2Lvpn-->SiteB <--Leased line-->Head office

Site A Need to be able to get to a server ex: 192.168.100.100 at Head office.

Try the below:

Site A:

1. L3 device has static route point to site B to reach server

2. Access-list statements on VPN device so that The traffic to Server from Site A goes unencrypted/via tunnel (same tunnel to Site B)

Site B:

As Site B aready aware of Site A and Head office- routing part is completed.

1. Access-list statements on VPN device so that The traffic FROM Server TO Site A goes unencrypted/via tunnel (same tunnel to Site A)

Head Office:

1.L3 device has static route point to site B to Site A.

Hth

MS

Hi MS,

Thanks so much for your response. I will liaise with the 3rd party support partner and confirm that the site A device is configured accordingly and I will check the site B device as well.

I just want to make sure I understand your instructions regarding the Head office though, do you mean a static route to site A with the site B device as next hop?

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks,

Martha.

"do you mean a static route to site A with the site B device as next hop?"

That is correct.

hth

MS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: