Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal ext issue

markcarat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have CallManager 5.12.3000-2. There is one particular ext 9180 having issue. Internal caller dial this ext and have to wait for 5 sec before the caller hear the ring back tone and the call will finally go through. External caller does not experience the same problem. all other ext 91xx work fine. I tried to delete this ext and re-create it, same problem. I tried to add 9179 and 9181 to this phone. Both number work fine. 9180 work fine in the past, this problem started to happen yesterday.

By the way, it is a 7971 phone.

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

does it take 5 seconds for the call to go??

or it goes immediately and 5 seconds later the phone rings??

i would think you might have something overlapping with that DN, check the route plan report and unassigned DNs (do not look only for the exact number, most of the times is something with wildcards). you can use DNA

If T302 is set to 5 then most probably this is an overlapping issue.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

does it take 5 seconds for the call to go??

or it goes immediately and 5 seconds later the phone rings??

i would think you might have something overlapping with that DN, check the route plan report and unassigned DNs (do not look only for the exact number, most of the times is something with wildcards). you can use DNA

If T302 is set to 5 then most probably this is an overlapping issue.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you for the feed back Java. You are right. It turns out there is route patten [8-9]180xxxxxxxx overlaping with ext 9180. The weird thing is both patterns exist since last year and it has been working OK until yesterday.

Anyway, I changed the route pattern to 8180xxxxxxxx. It is working OK now

Mark

since you mention this works for external users only thing i could think of, is someone changed the CSS from something in the system, before only 91XX were available, now that overlapping pattern is also a choice. the inbound CSS from GW probably only has the 91XX range partition, that's why it goes immediately.

in any case i'm glad the issue is solved =)

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: