cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFWDall from IP phone to IP phone

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

If I do a CFWDall from my IP phone to a second IP phone on the network. If someone calls my phone it does ring on the forwarded phone, but when it goes to voicemail it sends the call to my voicemail not the forwarded phone voicemail. Is this normal? How can I get the call to forward to the forwarded phone voicemail?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

that is working as designed, Unity by default uses the original called number, you can change the behavior but only on 5.X and above

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

Cisco Unity supports the option of routing calls based on either the first or last redirecting number when a call is forwarded to Cisco Unity.

Note the following:

This option requires Cisco Unity-CM TSP 8.1(2) or later.

This option is not supported by integrations through PIMG units.

This option can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Call Information Exchanged by the Phone System and Cisco Unity

The phone system and Cisco Unity exchange call information to manage calls and to make the integration features possible. With each call, the following call information is typically passed between the phone system and Cisco Unity:

•The extension of the called party.

•The extension of the calling party (for internal calls) or the phone number of the calling party (if it is an external call and the phone system supports caller ID).

•The reason for the forward (the extension is busy, does not answer, or is set to forward all calls). There is also a reason code for Direct Calls.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP and SIP trunk integrations can also provide the following call information (the choice of first and last redirecting number is set in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot):

•Called number

•First redirecting number

•Last redirecting number

Note Cisco Unity can use either the first redirecting number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot.

any previous version to 5.x cannot modify the behavior and will use original called number

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

davidjani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I remember correctly you can change a setting in Unity from Originating Number to Forwarding Station or something along those lines. Try this. Sorry I cannot be a lot more specific but in a bit of a rush. Will try to elaborate later if this is not enough help.

Jani.

paul.alvarez
Level 4
Level 4

I don't know if you want to do that for the entire system.

But try this: To do it on just that phone, create a new Voicemail Profile and in the profile, enter the extension of the second phone. Then assign that VM profile to the extension of the second phone.

So when the call from the first phone, hits the second phone, voicemail profile will set the target vmbox of the second phone.

that is working as designed, Unity by default uses the original called number, you can change the behavior but only on 5.X and above

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

Cisco Unity supports the option of routing calls based on either the first or last redirecting number when a call is forwarded to Cisco Unity.

Note the following:

This option requires Cisco Unity-CM TSP 8.1(2) or later.

This option is not supported by integrations through PIMG units.

This option can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Call Information Exchanged by the Phone System and Cisco Unity

The phone system and Cisco Unity exchange call information to manage calls and to make the integration features possible. With each call, the following call information is typically passed between the phone system and Cisco Unity:

•The extension of the called party.

•The extension of the calling party (for internal calls) or the phone number of the calling party (if it is an external call and the phone system supports caller ID).

•The reason for the forward (the extension is busy, does not answer, or is set to forward all calls). There is also a reason code for Direct Calls.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP and SIP trunk integrations can also provide the following call information (the choice of first and last redirecting number is set in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot):

•Called number

•First redirecting number

•Last redirecting number

Note Cisco Unity can use either the first redirecting number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot.

any previous version to 5.x cannot modify the behavior and will use original called number

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: